Thursday, February 12, 2015

Pilot: Noodles against the Wall

So we started it.  Stuart and I had an idea that was born out of a comment from Bishop Rob Wright,  while he was talking about his favorite topic - adaptive leadership.  I am sure you are going to hear more about this in later episodes, but his comment to a group of clergy was: "the experts are in the room."  As I looked around the room, the whole Diocese of Atlanta (Episcopal) was present.  I realized that I knew little if anything about what they were good at, much less if they were experts at doing it.  For example, how many people know that I can purchase a school, or get a property through zoning, or develop a pro forma for a loan?  Or that Stuart works with one of the leading experts on contemplative prayer and leadership?  So the first goal of this podcast is to share insight from fellow clergy (yes, Deacons too) from around the Diocese of Atlanta and beyond.

The second reason I am embarking on this venture is to spend time with Stuart.  We worked together for four years.  We had a synergy that I miss, the main ingredient being - laughter.

Enjoy the next thirty minutes of Stuart and I discussing our vocation of the priesthood.   The first few podcasts will be us just us bantering about ourselves as we try to recreate the "vibe" that resembled some of the more enjoyable moments of our working together.  Then eventually we'll invite the real experts from around the Diocese to give you A Glimpse Within - Podcast Link.





You Tube Link










1 comment:

  1. Upon joining the episcopal church, I admit I was a bit mystified by the priestly garb... I think that the donning of the cassock and collar raises an invisible fence demarcating the sorely common man (parishioner) from one who appears to have a sure passport to heaven. : )

    Clergy have a special way of presenting doctrine that is attributed to their education and life experience; it's so helpful to have their presence during educational forums in church, unless of course, he or she is a dimwit.

    You both have had an enormous influence on the way that I approach prayer thanks to your recurring themes of intent and mindfulness: these "eastern" flavored practices are indeed the way to enter more deeply into Christ's heart.

    ReplyDelete